Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Blog Has Been Nominated

Today, Amy at the 24/7 Teacher nominated me for the Liebster Award! I am honored and humbled! My little blog—WOW!! It has not quite been a year yet (but soon) and just recently have I been posting a lot—about the time I opened a new store. I am so grateful and delighted I could just, well, squeal with joy!!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, it is for new blogs. 
Liebster means “beloved, cute, lovely, dearest and welcome!”

Here are the "rules" for accepting this nomination: 

1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 250 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination. 
 
Questions for Nominees! 
1. If you could be any animal what would you be and why? This is hard because I love so many but I would say a cat because I love to sleep and take cat naps (see—cat naps), and play.  
2. Have you read anything lately? If so, what? Tell a little bit about it. Not fairly recent but I did read the Hunger Games trilogy and I would say that I loved it. I had to read the first one to help a student because they were reading it in class and then I just got hooked. I love stories about different worlds or in the future. Maybe science fiction is a better word and this one was it. I even like the girls name, Katniss-see there is cat again.  
3. If you weren't a teacher what would you be? Well, I have two associates degrees in accounting and management so I would probably be a bookkeeper again. Don’t get me wrong, I still love accounting but I had to quit because I was expecting my first child. Then I was a stay-at-home-mom and not until my second one entered kindergarten did I get the teaching bug. I love working with kindergarten and special needs. I am almost done with my classes and will start student teaching soon.  
4. What is your favorite T.V. Show? I usually watch the Food Network, HGTV, Animal Planet,etc.
5. What hobby do you have? When I get time, I love to paint and do crafts. I use to sell my creations at craft shows and art fairs. I miss those times.  
6. What is your favorite store at the mall? I usually don’t get to go to the mall but when I do I go to all the little shops like Hallmark or if they have crafts shop of some kind also, antiques and art shops. 
7. What would be the perfect hours for a school day and why? I think school should start at around 9 until 4. We start at 7:20 and that to me is too early. I think it is better for their bodies and mind to go later.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be and why? Hawaii. I just love the islands and their way of life.  
9. If you could win any prize what would it be? (Grammy, Oscar, Emmy, Pulitzer, Olympic, Nobel Peace Prize or any other) Well, I am not athletic so that is out. I do not sing (well, at church in choir) nor play an instrument so that is out. Maybe an Oscar-I do like to pretend so I could act I suppose.  
10. What is your favorite subject to teach? Why? Phonics and phonemic awareness-I use to be coordinator of a kindergarten volunteer program where we worked with the kindergarten on these skills plus practicing their reading. I loved working with those kids especially one-on-one. I also love special education because they are usually behind and I get to work with them in small group or one-on-one too.
11. What is your dream vacation? I think my dream vacation would be to go on a cruise with my husband, the love of my life.


Eleven Random Things about Me-

1. I love cows. I have figurines and all kind of things in cows. My mother thought it was pigs that I was collecting so I do have pigs.

 2. I can crochet, cross stitch, sew, embroidery, draw, doodle, and anything crafty.

3. I am addicted to pop-especially Diet Mt. Dew

4. I love antiques and old things.

5. I hate house cleaning (especially the bathrooms) and washing dishes.

6. My husband says I have ADD because I can’t stay still in church.

7. I can’t swim but would love to learn how.

8. My daughter is going to college to be a teacher like me and my hope is that we teach at the same school one day-not her idea but mine.

9. I love to collect things like miniature tea sets, thimbles of the places we have been, if I get one of something and there is a set, I have to have the set.

10. I am stubborn but not in a bad way. Don’t tell me I can’t do something because I will do it or bust. That is how my husband can get me to do something I dread doing.

11. I hate writing essays and papers. I have been in school for five years now online and every week it is an essay. I just do not like to write. Although, I will take that over a test any day-hate those too.



Eleven questions to my nominees

1. Do you have any pets?

2. What grade do you teach? Is this your favorite?

3. Are you a night owl or do you go to bed early even in the summer?

4. Which season is your favorite and why?

5. How do you relax?

6. What is something that you wished you had been taught in college about teaching?

7. What is your favorite sweet concoction?

8. If you could be a superhero, which one would it be and why?

9. If you could learn something new, what would it be?

10. Do you have children?

11. What is your biggest pet peeve? 

Here are the blogs I nominated:

Again, thank you Amy for this gracious nomination. I appreciate it so much!!

Toodles,
Melissa

6 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! I found your blog through Amy's nomination! It's great! :) I loved reading about you and "meeting" you! :) I'd love you to stop over to my blog if you get a chance!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa! Congrats on your nomination! I enjoyed reading about you. I'm your newest follower!

    Shannon
    The Teaching Twosome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!! Thanks you!! I am pleased as punch!!

      Melissa

      Delete
  3. Wow, you are too sweet!! Thank you! :) I will get to my acceptance post up soon!

    ✿ Regina
    Keepin It Krazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful!! Thanks and you are welcome!!

      Melissa

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...