Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Another nomination for the Liebster Award

Wow, who knew that I would get nominated twice in one week. That is awesome!!


Well, if it is okay with Carrie over at First Grade with Ms. Dawley, I am going to just answer her questions. Look for the other post of the first award from Amy. Here goes:

11 questions for my nominees:
  1. Why did you decide to start blogging? Many reasons--one is that I wanted to start creating my printables and wanted a place to publicize them; two was that, well, everyone else had one, why not me and third eventually, I will have my own class so I wanted a place to interact with my students and their parents. Not to mention getting to meet all kinds of other sweet bloggers.
  2. Have you always wanted to be a teacher? No, I started out as an accountant/bookkeeper. I have two other degrees. It was not until my youngest started kindergarten that I got bitten by the bug. Although, I will say I did like pretending to be a teacher when I was younger; just never thought of myself as one.
  3. What is your favorite non-teaching website? Hum, not sure about that one. I did like to search for craft websites to get ideas. I like to keep abreast of the Peregrine Falcons in Columbus, Ohio. I like to learn about animals. I don't get much time to do that anymore. Bummer!!
  4. Do you have pets, children, or both?  Both How many? I have two human kids and the family has four furry kids. My son is 23 and my daughter will soon be 21. The furry ones are cats-London, Mil-Lee, Skunk, and Dill (short for Dill Pickle). Dill is the baby, he is about 18 weeks now. Boy, I am out of practice and he is trying me crazy with playing and getting into everything. He is driving the girls crazy also. He wants to play and they don't. HA
  5. What goals do you have for summer? I am in class. I have three more after this one. I take my Praxis next week and another one for special education the first of August. I hope to be ready to student teach in January. I wanted to get things done that I couldn't get to when I working at school--that is not going so well. I also wanted to get my shops up and going also--that is not well either.
  6. What was the year, make, and model of your first car? My first car was a 1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. I dearly loved that car. I made a trip to the bank every month for two straight years to pay for that car. I bought it as salvaged because it had a dash fire so I built it back from scratch so it was my baby and I paid for it.
  7. Have you always taught the grade that you teach now? Well, I not actually placed in my own class yet, but I have taught and helped students from PK all the way through 12th grade. Being a paraprofessional and in special ed you are able to work with all of them. So, I am pretty sure where I want to be and that is in the lower grades. I love kindergarten.
  8. What do you like to do when you aren't teaching/grading/lesson planning? I love to create. I love to paint, craft, sew, cross stitch, or collect things.
  9. Out of all of the places that you might have lived, which is your favorite? I am from Kentucky. I was born there; London, as a matter of fact. I would like to move back one day. I have lived in Ohio ever since I was 6 years old. Wow, that was 46 years ago. I'm old.
  10. What is your must-have accessory for your work outfits? My shoes. I have bad ankles, my feet swell when I am on them and it is hot, I have plantar fasciitis, plus after my son was born, my right leg was clotted from my hip to my toes so it is not good-actually two cut loose and went through my lungs.
  11. What has been your least favorite vacation destination?  Why? Well, not been on many vacations so I would say none. All the ones that I have been on I have enjoyed.
Wow, that was intense and long. Sorry, but I evidently had a lot to say. LOL Again, thanks to Carrie for the nomination. Who knows I might get nominated again before the week is over--it is only Wednesday.

Toodles,
Melissa 

2 comments:

  1. I always think it's interesting to see where other teachers have come from as far as career fields. I met a lady at the start of the summer who was a fire fighter, a member of the Air Force, then a nurse, and now works in the school. Talk about a Jill-of-all-trades! I've only ever been a teacher. I don't think I know how to do anything else. Lol

    I have lived a lot of places, but hopefully we're settled down for a while now. My dad was in the Navy, so we moved a lot. Now, my boyfriend was in the Army. We didn't move as much because, let's face it, I couldn't just drop everything if he got stationed somewhere else. Now, though, he's retired (medically - we really are the same age lol), so we both decided that we wanted to move. So here we are in Alaska, and I LOVE it here! :)

    I have to admit - I laughed a little when you asked why for the least favorite vacation. Haha! I don't know.. It just seemed interesting. I haven't been on many vacations either, but my least favorite was to Disney World the summer before my 6th Grade year. I'd tell you why, but blogs are online and very public! HAHA!!

    Carrie
    First Grade with Ms. Dawley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that when I visited your blog. Alaska seems like a very long way away but very intriguing I think. It is remote and woodsy. I watch programs on television about Alaska and love to learn about the animals and the state. My husband probably would not like it--too cold for him. HA

    That made me laugh about Disney World. I wonder why????

    HA I am not sure about living with the military. I have a son and I just do not think I could stand for him to be in the military. The thought of something happening is terrifying and causes me too much stress. It would be good for him though I think--they teach a lot about discipline and responsibility but as a mom; I don't know.

    Yea, I am starting a little late but I have been working in the education field for about 14 years now. I should not have drug my feet so long but I just did not want to start with student loans againg; been there-done that but I had to. I hope that the years will transfer over or I will never be able to retire--probably even when I die. LOL

    It was so nice to meet you even if it is in cyberspace. We should talk again soon.

    Blessings,
    Melissa
    Creations by Mrs. Mouse

    mizemelissa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...