Saturday, July 27, 2013

Blooming Phoneme Segmentation Printable

Hey there!!
I have made a few printables. One is about phoneme segmentation. This is an important part of learning how to read. Children need to be able to hear each and every sound or phoneme of the written word.

Also, if you use DIBELS (Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills), this is perfect practice for the section on phonemic segmentation.

It includes a fun mat, 26 letters and I have colored coded these by using blue for vowels and red for consonants, and 24 CVC pictures.


This reminds me--our daughter, when she was little had a miniature hamster and she named her DIBELS. When I was coordinator of our Reading program, I used DIBELS on each and every kindergartner. That was about 100 DIBELS twice a year. OUCH!! But I loved it. She would hear me talk about DIBELS and loved the name I guess. 

Anyway, go click on the link. It will take you directly to the shop. 

Toodles,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...